College Coursework Section


Some colleges collect this information via your official transcript, and don't require that you fill out this profile section on the Coalition site. Please see this article for information on how to tell which colleges on your list require this section.

This profile section lets you report your academic work for any college-level courses that you’ve taken at a college. You should not enter dual-credit courses here, but instead enter those for the appropriate high school year as Grade 9-11 or Grade 12 Coursework. (for example, if your high school offers a "running start" or "early college" program).

Key Concept

A dual credit class is a course for which you receive credit at two different institutions (usually a high school and a college or university). The location of where the course is taken has no bearing on its dual credit status. Any dual credit coursework for which you receive college credit should entered in your high school coursework for the appropriate grade.

Use the College Information section first to add to your profile the college(s) where you took the course(s), the dates you attended and the total number of college credits that you’ve earned at all of the colleges you’ve attended.

Adding coursework for the College Coursework section follows a specific sequence of inputs:

  • Choose the schedule system for the college (e.g. semester or quarter). Grade entry options will depend on your answer.
  • Choose the academic year from the drop-down list. (2015, for example, stands for AY 2014-15.)
  • Choose the term in which you took the college course from the drop-down list.
  • Enter a subject area for the course (e.g. Mathematics or Chemistry).
  • Enter the course name. This entry should match what’s printed on your transcript. 
  • Enter the course number. This entry corresponds to the course’s number in the college’s course catalogue.
  • Enter the number of credits you earned or credit hours. This is optional.
  • Enter the grade you received for the course. If you're still taking the course, write "In Progress" in the field.


Key Concept

If your course spans multiple terms or semesters, but there was only a grade given for one of them, manually type that grade at the appropriate grading period, and for the rest of the grading periods, enter Not Applicable or In Progress.


You can add more courses in this section or edit the ones you’ve already added.    To edit a course, click the down arrow to display the course detail and then click the edit icon (three dots).

When you’ve added all the college coursework shown on your transcript for this school, click "I'm done adding all the coursework..." at the top of the section and confirm that this profile section is complete.  You can return to edit this profile section at any point until you begin submitting your applications.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.