If you're a current college student applying as a Transfer Applicant, you do not need any high school counselor recommendations.
Some colleges allow transfer applicants to add both General and Academic recommendations, but others allow only General Recommendations. If you need a General instead of an Academic Recommendation from your recommender, you will need to send a new General Recommendation request to them.
You can determine which type of recommendations the colleges you are applying to require from your Locker, or from the Official Documents section of the college application.
From your Locker
- Click on Locker, and choose Official Documents.
- Official Document and Recommendation requirements for each school you're applying to will be listed on the left side of your Official Documents page within your Locker:
From within the application
You can see all of the documents required from a particular school within the application itself.
- Click on Colleges at the top left of your screen.
- Scroll down to a school on your Colleges list and click Continue Application.
- This will bring you to your Application Status page. Click on Go to Official Documents within the Official Documents section.
- You will see a message near the top of the Official Documents page if the school requires transcripts to be submitted directly. Click on the question mark for more information.
- The window will expand to provide more information about providing official transcripts.
- Scroll further for additional information about Curriculum Reports, Transfer Reports, and Recommendations.
- Before submitting your final application, you will need to confirm that you have provided all the required official documents to the school.