School may be out, and you may be missing out on lots of activities and opportunities of your regular routine. But there’s a way to make sure you’re still taking steps toward your goal of going to college. The Coalition for College provides free, online college-planning tools for all students. There are a number of ways to make use of these tools during this time when you’re away from school. We hope you’ll use these resources as a way to stay motivated and focused on your future:
- Read up on the college application process. Whether you’re just starting to think about college or you’re getting ready to apply, you’ll find lots of articles and information right here on MyCoalition Counselor that answer your questions.
- Get organized with the Locker, a free space we provide to help keep track of your school work, extracurricular involvement and accomplishments throughout your high school career. As early as ninth grade, you can begin storing your work here. It’s a good habit that will make applying to colleges easier. Your future self will thank you!
- Make connections in the Collaboration Space. Staying connected is especially important right now, and this tool lets you invite trusted adults like teachers, coaches and family members to give their input on your college preparations -- whether making lists of schools to consider or giving feedback on your college essays.
MyCoalition accounts, where you can access all of this and more, are free and mobile-friendly. Sign up for yours at MyCoalition.org.
- Access free test prep and skill building with Khan Academy.
- Earn micro-scholarships and search college options with RaiseMe.
- Learn how to turn your efforts into scholarships with the College Board Opportunity Scholarships program.
- Read SAT Coronavirus updates
- Read information for AP students affected by the pandemic.